The system utilizes SmartHeat® Technology, wherein each cartridge is equipped with a self-regulating heater which ‘senses’ its own temperature and closely maintains its pre-set idle temperature for the life of the heater-tip. The tip temperature is determined by the inherent metallurgical properties of the heater; no external adjustment or equipment is required. The MX-500 retains switchable dual port, 40W operation while introducing numerous new features in a new housing.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Integrated Power Indication Meter: a built in net power meter which will display a graphical and numerical representation of the power applied to the cartridge.
• User Programmable PowerSave Mode: the time to enter PowerSave Mode is adjustable from 10 to 120 minutes.
• Ground Fault Interrupt: AC ground monitor detects power line ground failures and immediately alerts the operator and shuts down the system. Only after the power line ground has been restored, can the MX-500 be restarted and soldering operations can be resumed.
• Universal Power Supply: automatically senses the input line voltage and adjusts accordingly, which allows for worldwide operation without adaptors or a change in performance.
• Compatibility with all MX products: the MX-500 redesign allows full compatibility with existing and previous MX upgrade kits, tip-cartridges, hand-pieces and accessories.
• Greater process control with SmartHeat® Technology
• Reduced space requirements
MX-500AV Soldering / Rework System includes:
• Power supply
• MX-H2-UF: Metcal UltraFine™ Hand-piece, Soldering and Rework with one cartridge removal pad
• MX-W1AV: Workstand for Metcal Advanced™ Hand-piece, Soldering and Rework with one sponge and one brass pad
NOTE: No tip/cartridge included
Tips / Cartridges Series compatible with this system: