11. RIGHTS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under certain laws, you have the right to seek access to your personal data, seek rectification or erasure of your personal data, restrict our use and processing of your personal data, object to our use and processing or request data portability. Please contact us if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
In any event, you can always ask us for more information about the people who will be able to see and access your personal data.
In accordance with applicable laws, you may choose to restrict the collection, storage, or use of your personal data by us by emailing us at NA-CustCare@okinternational.com. This includes where you:
- Have previously not objected to us using your personal data for our direct marketing purposes but now wish to opt-out of receiving future marketing emails from us;
- Do not want us to share your personal data with OK International Affiliates and/or our business (and other) partners for marketing purposes;
- Believe that personal data we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete so that we can consider your concern and, where appropriate, we will promptly correct any personal data found to be incorrect. Or, you may contact us if you wish to review or change your personal data by using the “Contact Us” links on our home page; and
- Do not want to be contacted by us in the future (unless you initiate the contact).
From time to time, we may wish to use your personal data collected through the Web Site for new purposes. If the new purpose is incompatible with the purposes stated above, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of the new purpose.
Individuals who are residents of California have certain consumer rights under applicable California privacy laws, which are subject to certain limitations and/or restrictions. Specifically, under California law you may have the right to:
- Request that we disclose certain information about the personal data collected, used, disclosed or sold. This include:
- The specific pieces of personal data we collected about you,
- The categories of personal data we collected about you,
- The categories of sources from which the personal data was collected about you,
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal data, and
- The categories of personal data we disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months, and for each category identified, the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed that personal data.
- Request that we delete personal data collected or maintained by us, subject to certain legal exceptions;
- Not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your privacy rights; and
- Opt out of the sale of your personal data, if there are any sales of personal data. As noted above, we do not sell personal data.
Note that if you make such a request, we must verify your request before we can respond. Whenever feasible, we will match at least two data points in the identifying information provided by the consumer to the personal data already maintained by us, but it may require more data points depending on the information requested. We will avoid collecting highly sensitive pieces of personal data, unless necessary. If we cannot verify your identity, we may need to deny your request. We will generally respond within 45 days; however, if we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension of time. A consumer may use an authorized agent to submit a request on the consumer’s behalf. When using an authorized agent, we require that you provide the authorized agent written permission to do so and verify their own identity and agent status with us. If you are placing a request on behalf of a household, we will need a verified request on behalf of each member of the household.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Shine the Light
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits California residents the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the contact information provided below in this privacy notice.